Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Here we go...

      Well, who would have believed this six months ago? The blooming Corona Virus (or as Donald Trump calls it in his unerring style "the Chinese Virus") has landed on our planet and looks like changing the world and our lives for good. I know that I was wishing for an Alien Invasion when we were in the throes of Brexit, in the vain hope that it might bring us all to our senses, but I truly didn't think it might come in the guise of this nasty virus! The moral is, I suppose, be careful what you wish for! Being well over 70,  I'm in the group of people most at risk of catching the damned thing, but I remain resolutely cheerful and positive. Might as well for there's nothing to be gained by being defeatist and I'm pretty healthy anyway.
      My Hove family, Daughter and Co, are fine so far. Of course schools have not yet closed and so there is a certain amount of risk there, but I'm apparently not allowed to see them from this weekend onward. Not having Big Grandson once a week will be the worst bit, and if it goes on for months I shall be miserable not seeing him. And in Spain, Son and family are in complete lockdown since yesterday, as all the schools are closed (and all the bars, restaurants etc). They are allowed to go out only for food shopping or pharmacy shopping or to go to work I think - though Son can work from home on his computer, which is fortunate. At least we can keep in touch via Skype and Face-time, both of which are blessings we didn't have a while ago.
      As this whole event may well be earth-shattering I felt it was worth recording at the beginning. Who knows how things will change, but change is certain. I'll try and keep up, so watch this space.

           

No comments: