Tuesday, June 9, 2020

June is bustin' out all over...

      Those of you who are my vintage, or thereabouts, will recognise the reference and will  realise that I have been indulging in old Hollywood films in my spare time. I did watch Guys and Dolls (see above) and also Carousel, which reduced me to a sobbing wreck!! I know - how could that happen, but I was obviously at a low point and the pathos of the story just got to me. It took me a whole hour to get through the sobbing, after which I felt better. I suspect we are all behaving a bit irrationally at the moment, and letting it all out is probably the best thing. Of course I am  mostly on my own, so there is no-one else to see my collapses - probably for the best.
      The general mismanagement of the Corona Virus Pandemic seems to be going on without pause - I really despair of this Government and the bunch of misfits who seem to be runnning the show. What are we supposed to do - just watch? The latest dreadful drama is the killing of a black man by a policeman in America -  which has enraged the whole world just about. That this kind of thing can and does still happen anywhere in the world is a matter for our collective shame. How can we ever justify this kind of behaviour? It makes the cheerful, musical America of the Fifties look like a complete farce - technicolour it may be, but examine it closely and you see that everyone (yes everyone) is white, young-ish and living a carefree Yankee-doodle life. It really should make us sick.
      I think I'll just stop now and get on with  my supper,  the state of the world is not a joyful one, and makes me feel ashamed. I'm certainly ashamed to be British and would never condone the dreadful attitudes of  "people" like Farage and Gove, Cummings and Rees Mogg. Please god let them all go away!! 

No comments: