Sunday, April 26, 2020

Virtual Life...

      It's funny, but as life becomes more strange, the more we try and make it seem like normal. This last week, for example, I took part in a virtual Pub Quiz with Daughter, her Partner and some of their friends, We all had our individual glasses of wine and were sat on our individual sofas, and we wrote our answers on our individual pieces of paper. It gave us the illusion of being part of a team, though of course we were all in competition with each other. See what I mean by strange? We could see each other and talk to each  other, but no touching allowed. And actually there was no team spirit either, we all, individually, wanted to win! Weird. Of course I didn't win - there was only one of me, while  the others all had partners and so got two bites of the cherry, metaphorically speaking. I did enjoy the experience though, and will probably do it again this week.
      Another thing I've agreed to is a video/phone chat with some old friends on Tuesday morning.  We have agreed to virtually meet at 11.30 (coffee time) and will no doubt exchange Corona Virus experiences and points of view.  They are very old friends, so we can be absolutely honest with each other and I guess it will be a virtual success.
      Before I go, I just have to comment on the dreadful orange POTUS's latest foray into Corona Virus "cures". What is he thinking of when he recommends that disinfectant, or even bleach, taken internally, could be a cure?? My first thought was that he was trying to kill off half of America, but surely not? If it wasn't so dreadful, it would be the best joke of the year. The man is seriously deranged if not completely mad. I pity America, with such a clown in control what chance do they have? And that is not a rhetorical question.

No comments: