Saturday, May 30, 2020

Birthday Boy

      Well today is Big Grandson's 16th Birthday, and we had a glorious day for it. I sang Happy Birthday to him on the phone  this morning, and then later Daughter had a barbeque in her garden. After the bbq we had Prosecco and cake as well, and sweltered in the sun. Lovely! And Granddaughter had a really lovely time in the paddling pool, changing her swimming cosie several times and ending up quite happily in the nude under the hose (she is nearly six, so nothing inappropriate there). Grandson's presents were brilliant: he had a fabulous camera (Canon) with all the bells and whistles from his Mum and her Bloke, which he really loved (he will hopefully be doing Photography for one of his A Levels). And  he had a pair of cool red Vans (trainers), T Shirt, various bits and pieces and some money from  his Grandfather (my ex in New Zealand), my Sister (Nana Rosie), and me. I've also got him some cool (his description) headphones which are coming from America, They are on the way, shipping is confirmed, but as they hadn't arrived I gave  him a bit of money in his card. On the whole it has been a very nice day. I was reminded of his actual birth day, back in 2004, when Son and I drove up from  London to Pontefract Hospital in Yorkshire, where Grandson was about to be born. It was Bank Holiday Sunday, a lovely day, and we arrived at the Hospital in good time for the birth. He actually made his appearance at 10.44 pm, and he was quite blue, with the chord around his neck. Nobody panicked and he was fine. His father Simon was there and my ex Husband with his new wife (they had come over from NZ for the occasion) plus Simon's Mother and her partner. A bit of a motley crew, but I was so pleased we made it in time.
       Ah well, memories. And now he is 16 and 6 feet tall. And a lovely boy too.
We are at the  end of May, and after two months of Lockdown nothing much seems to have changed.  I have to say that I am not impressed with the way Bojo and his Clowns have managed things. I don't believe all their propaganda, and our record of infections, tests and deaths is dreadful. I think we are second only to America in numbers of casualties. And as for the dreadful Dominic Cummings and his comings and goings, I am totally disgusted with the double standards that have been applied, not to mention outraged at his arrogance and total dismissal of what any of us, the real people who have lost loved ones, might feel. Of course feelings are probably not on his radar. He is no doubt very clever; so was Machiavelli, and Robespierre, and Svengali and Cromwell... and look what happened to them.
       I  could go on, but you get the picture.

1 comment:

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.