Tuesday, August 23, 2022

I'm still standing!

     It's been 18 months since I last sat here to talk to you, and I'm sure many of you have already given up on me, quite rightly. I don't really know where to start, but have to start somewhere so here goes: time has whizzed by for most of us, I suspect, without much to show for it. The dreaded Virus has kept us in check and behind closed doors for much of the time. At least that's how it has been for me and most of my friends, some of whom are still patently scared to go out and about and get back to 'normal' whatever that might be.  

    And still I'm procrastinating.. now it is August 2022, amazingly, and I have been putting off any communication with this Blogging world (or any other come to that). I can even begin to see how people lose touch with their previous worlds. Even running about as I was a couple of years ago is now a dim and distant memory, and I hate the fact that I can't do it any more. Anyway, let's move on. Doctors and tests  have been my  main concern this year so far and I can't keep on with it.

    In  the meantime, Daughter has actually got married: it was a really lovely day in the middle of May this year, and she  looked wonderful of course. All the families and friends were ready for a celebration and it didn't disappoint. Daughter had been planning it for over a year and it had been delayed, thanks to the bloody virus, like so many other happy events. We all gathered at Brighton Registry Office, which was surprisingly lovely, with curved wooden sort-of pews for the guests, and it was a very nice atmosphere.  Daughter was walked "down the Aisle" by big Grandson who is now 18  and looked so smart in his Wedding Suit. It was all very emotional. Son, his partner and little Grandson were there too of course plus so many other people, only half of whom I knew really - mostly new Hubby's family. It does seem strange that my beloved Daughter is now a wife and has a husband, but there it is - and very happy they are too. Notable absentees were  her Father, not able to  travel from New Zealand because he has prostate cancer and is  not doing too well.. and my bad-tempered Sister who would have undoubtedly been the bad fairy and cast a black cloud over the proceedings.. ah well. In the end we all  had a lovely day and evening, and I was lucky enough to take Little Grandson home with me  while the others continued with the celebrations. A very good time was had by all , and now I also have a Son in Law!!  Lucky me...

 

No comments: