Friday, June 3, 2011

The Tooth Fairy and the Birthday Boy.

Well, I'm not proving the most regular of bloggers I know, in fact I'm worse than ever, but the latest piece of news from my lovely downstairs neighbour is that baby Beanie has his first tooth! I can't believe how time flies - five minutes ago he was a little newborn and now he's bouncing, rolling over, eating chicken and sweet potato mush and generally growing into a proper little boy. Amazing. And he really is the sweetest chap, very smiley and lovable. I must also tell you that he very quickly lost his first name (which was Bruno if you remember) and became Gabriel (close to Christmas, little Angel!) Beanie (he was called Beanie before he was born, and it just sort of stuck). Anyway, those of us who are close to him call him Beanie, with Gabriel saved for more formal occasions. If he has any imperfections, there is just the little matter of sleeping through so that his poor Mum can get her beauty sleep. Never mind, nobody's perfect!

Speaking of growing up, my beloved Grandson was 7 years old on Monday (30th). He is really almost as tall as me, though that's not saying much I suppose. Daughter arranged a great Birthday Party for him, at a friend's house.She booked a big bouncy slide and invited lots of friends with their children.I made masses of assorted sandwiches and bought two Birthday cakes. Well,one was in the shape of a football, iced in black and white sections, and the other was actually a tower of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Fabulous. I hadn't eaten them before (proving just how long you can live without trying something so scrumptious) but will definitely have them again. My favourite is the chocolate covered one with little chunks of fudge on top and a gorgeous custardy middle. Pure heaven. Anyway, the party was a great success; Son came from London, Daughter's new Boyfriend came with some friends of his, and various friends of friends also appeared with their assorted children. I'm not sure who enjoyed the bouncy slide most, but it certainly amused everyone: after the requisite amount of alcohol had been consumed the adults were running up the slidey side and jumping down it with what used to be called gay abandon (sadly, no-one uses the word gay in that context any more). Great fun. I came home at about 5.30, with Grandson, and we chilled out for the rest of the evening, leaving the others to finish the food and drink. Enough, as they say, is as good as a feast...

P.S. Before I go, I'd better assure you that the alcohol was consumed by the adults, not the children...

PPS. Grandson's favourite presents were: a Scooter (from Daughter's new Boyfriend) a Kite (from Son) and a Whoopee Cushion (from me:-)

5 comments:

Donna said...

Well Happy Birthday to Grandson and Happy First tooth to Beanie!!
So glad things are going well with you and the family...and I hope you had a drink for Me!Hahaaa
Happy weekend!
hughugs

Working Mum said...

Whoopee cushion! Brilliant!

Sounds like a great party for everyone - the best kind.

PS Good to hear from you again.

hapi said...

Hi A Mother's Place is in the Wrong, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Maggie May said...

Bet the whoopee cushion was a huge success!
Hope the little guy had a great time.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Sorry all, have been trying to reply to your lovely comments, but haven't been able to!! So frustrating. M xx