Thursday, February 22, 2018

Chilly in Barcelona

      Believe it or not, it's pretty cold here. I'm very glad I brought some warm clothes, because I'm actually wearing them. It's rather different from New Year, when we were boiling hot on the beach and I was stripping off and paddling in the sea - no chance of that at the mo, though I don't mind at all. I'm planning to do some serious writing while I'm here,  so at least the sun is not tempting me out.
      Son and Partner are currently choosing a school here for when Grandson is ready to go. There are apparently many to choose from within their area, and so they are doing school visits while I'm here to help with the little one.  Last evening we all went to an open evening, which was so crowded there were no spare seats, and since the whole presentation was in Spanish, much of it was lost on Son,, It went on for over an hour after which there was a tour of the school. And they are doing 10 or 11 of these. It is a bit of a lottery here, rather like at home, and there are obviously more schools available
but as always, so much seems to hang on making the right decision.
     Anyway it was all a bit tiring for everyone. We went for a quick pizza & pasta afterwards, which was nice, but everyone was exhausted (they had done a full day's work and Grandson had done a day at Nursery) so not surprisingly Grandson was rather poorly today. He is now here with me, dozing in my bed surrounded by his polar bear, tigger and mouse. He has had a dose of Calpol, or the Spanish equivalent, and his poor parents have gone off to yet another School presentation.
     It's a hard life and I'm rather glad to be here in the warm chatting to you..
   
     

No comments: