Thursday, March 15, 2018

Running out of Wine.

      It's a terrible state of affairs to be without wine - it's only temporary of course,  but I haven't got the energy to go out now and rectify it because it's pitch dark outside and there's a pretty fierce dog next door that makes a terrible racket when anyone opens the door. Never mind, I'll have to grin and bear it and at least I have chocolate..
      The weather here in Barcelona still hasn't got over the sulks. Yesterday it started off looking much brighter, but as soon as I decided to get out and sit on the open-topped Tourist Bus it took a turn for the worse and was decidedly chilly. I sat it out though, determined to get the best possible view of the City, and it was worth  it. I sat next to a very adventurous and chatty young American woman who was doing a whirlwind tour of Europe: one day in Barcelona, one day in Rome, one day in Florence - you get the picture. I had to admire her stamina. She got off the bus at the Sagrada Familia, which I have seen before and is utterly astonishing. I wished  her good luck and off she went in good spirits.
      I was heading for Parc Guell, the place to see Gaudi's works in a lovely wooded setting, but what I didn't realise was that it would mean practically climbing a mountain to get there. I did it though and wandered round marvelling at such eccentric and stunning works. As I have said  before, I don't really do sight-seeing, but rather enjoy going at my own pace and stopping when I want. I was doing fine until I got lost and wandered off up a mountain path in totally the wrong direction. It took a while and a few Catalan directions to set me straight, but I made it back to  the bus stop and sank gratefully into a comfy seat for the rest of the Tour. Once again, I was so pleased to get back "home" and relax with a glass of wine. Oh no - I didn't need that reminder. Perhaps I will venture out...

No comments: