Monday, February 25, 2008

You no likee...

Well, today's post just dropped into my lap, or rather into my comments box. I was astonished to get an anonymous comment from someone who was objecting to a post I wrote back in August last year!! It was mainly to do with my experiences with a mature Japanese "Student", and the comment reads as follows:
"i cant (sic) believe you were allowed to write an article like that"
OK, Mr or Mrs Japanese (and I know you're there in Japan, because although you didn't have the balls to own up "Anonymous", I tracked you via my Sitemeter), here is my response.
First: Thank God I'm lucky enough to live in a free country, which you obviously aren't
Second: No-one has to "allow" me to do anything. I'm allowed free speech - and so is everyone else. You're free to disagree with me, and I'll defend to the death your right to do so!
Third: I wasn't writing an Article (although I could have if I'd wanted to), a Blog is an on-line diary, and there is no censorship here. Thank God.
Fourth: I was writing about my (and my Sister's) personal experiences. You can disapprove all you want, but those things happened to me, and to my Sister. I didn't like the way the Japanese man behaved to me, it was disrespectful and unpleasant. (And I didn't list everything he did or said in that Blog post either). After that, I didn't want him in my house, and that is my prerogative. IT IS MY HOUSE AND MY LIFE.
And I will reiterate what I put in my Blog Post back in August, Thank God the Japanese didn't win the war.
Finally, if you put in as your Google search words "Cruel. Japan. Wife" you must expect to get back some relevant stuff. Once again, I'm with Bridget Jones' Mother!

Phew, got that off my chest, and if any of my blogging friends want to see what this is all about, you can look back to Tuesday 14th August 2007.

PS. I have now made a note that my Blog doesn't take Anonymous comments - this is the first Anon comment I've had, and I'd rather have a real person to reply to.

12 comments:

Maggie May said...

My son has a Japanese wife & he said, "Thank God the Japanese didn't win the war" In fact his wife also said the same thing!
Further more, they both doubt very much that the person who complained WAS Japanese, as they usually do not complain. Might have been a Brit living in Japan.
Will read your August post & yes, we should be able to write ANYTHING we want on our own blogs!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Hi Maggie, and thank you for your response - interesting that you all think it may not be a Japanese person, and your reasons sound logical. Fufnny what turns up, isn't it? M xx.

Dusty Spider said...

Obviously just as unpleasant as your Japanese tenant was. Ignore them. If they have to hide behind anonymity they're not worth listening to anyway. Makes me realise how lucky we are to live here! Fxx

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

You're absolutely right, DS, just had to get it off my chest. M xx

Milla said...

It's quite shocking, though, to be reminded that ANYONE can find our stuff. The Anon ones are always the nasty ones (if they're not flogging you unlikely "jobs", then they're making a cowardly and sly point). We are all, in a sense, anon to each other, but an unspoken courtesy exists in blogging and it's not nice to be brought up short when the odd few don't play the rules. Off to August 17th!

Milla said...

Back now,August 14th, silly me. Seemed very mild to me - as well as interesting! Not flammatory or judgemental, just your take on an unpleasant encounter - and what your sister had to say about the "comics" left a very nasty taste in the mouth.

Donna said...

Way to Go Girl!! 100% FREE...Have a smiling day!

Elizabethd said...

As Milla says, anyone can read our blogs, and that has always worried me. The comment was obviously uncalled for and its wise not to take anonymous comments. I never ever put photos or very personal details on mine, after a conversation with a high ranking police officer on the subject of paedophiles/use of photos etc. What a world.

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Hi Milla, and thanks for taking the trouble to read the "offending" piece.. I thought the 'comics' were particularly nasty too. I like the thought that a certain courtesy exists between Bloggers. M xx.

Thank you, elizabethd, I honestly hadn't thought before (naive or what) about what could happen - yes I suppose we are exposed to any comments, and need to exercise some caution. Food for thought! M xx.

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

HI Donna, back from a lovely day - and thanks for your comment. 100% free says it all! M xx

Anonymous said...

There are some very pedantic people out there who think they have a given right to dictate to the world's population what to do. It is rather sad for them as they probably have nothing better to do with their lives.

We all have a right to write what we want. Of course, it is just common sense not to write something that may offend or cause ill-feeling to people we care about, I've done that and paid the price.

Keep going. Your blog is fab, you are fab and anyone who dares oppose it needs their heads testing.

Crystal xx

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Thank you so much Crystal - you're right that on one level it is sad to have nothing better to do.
I am immensely boosted by your support. Margot xx