Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Time for a Break.

I'm pleased to say that the pink-eye has receded, along with my tiredness, so today was much better. I also gathered together all my courage, and a Brighton Best Friend, to go and see the errant estate agents and find out what exactly is happening - or not happening. It was worth it, because between us we managed to get to the bottom of what has been wrong, and I now understand why it has been so hard. I almost felt sorry for them - but not quite, because if they had been upfront and honest with us about their difficulties, we could have understood each other sooner. Anyway, BBF and I then went and had a celebratory drink in Carluccio's (she had hot chocolate and I had cappucino). It was such a relief to get it sorted.

Now I can get ready for my little holiday and actually look forward to it. I'm going to drive down to Cornwall on Friday and stay, until Wednesday, with a very old Best Friend and her bloke in what sounds like the most lovely house near Truro. Cornwall BF has also booked us into an oil painting day course on Saturday, which I'm very excited about. I've dabbled in water colour, which everyone says is terribly difficult, but as it's the only thing I've had lessons in, it's the only medium I actually understand. I must go and sort out clothes and stuff to pack. The car is going in for its MOT tomorrow morning, and I'm having my hair cut at Trevor Sorbie.

I do actually know Trevor, he's another old mate from my Advertising days. When I was writing commercials, and then shooting them on film, Trevor often used to do the hair. We had Barbara Daly on make-up too. Quite a line-up in those days. Trevor really hasn't changed much. I bumped into him at his salon a few months ago and we did the usual reminiscences about models and photographers; wondering what had happened to old friends etc. It was all such a long time ago. Of course we both have grown-up children now, and there has been a lot of water under the bridge, but it was nice to catch up. He is very talented and has been fantastically successful, but he's still the same nice, funny guy.

Ho-hum, time for bed. I still haven't done the poetry competition entry - perhaps it will have to wait until I come back from Cornwall...

No comments: