Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Keep Moving.

I am feeling so short of the necessary light of life today that I can hardly put one letter in front of another. It's just the fact that I can't seem to make anything more happen with Son's flat sale - try as I might. We are all on hold, and it just needs someone to take their finger off the 'pause' button and hit 'play'. If the Great all-providing Universe is listening, let's just get moving, please!

Grandson stayed with me last night, and that was lovely - though he didn't particularly want to go to bed, which is unusual for him. I left him in my bed at 7pm, and about 10 minutes later he wandered into the sitting room saying "I not tired." I was watching Doctor Who (a repeat of course), so he sat down and said
"I like Doctor Who". We cuddled up for a while, and then watched some of "Aladdin", which he knows off by heart. I finally got him into bed and asleep by 8.30pm. Maybe the fact that I'm a bit down is due to being tired - he was awake again at 6am - and when Grandson is awake, no-one sleeps!

It's a grey, windy, cold and cheerless morning, more like instant Winter than Autumn and I'm glad I don't live down on the seafront. When I was house-hunting here I thought I wanted a sea view, but now I know that would have been a mistake. In the South of France I'm sure it would be divine, but with our winters, often six months long, the reality is grey and rather depressing for much of the year. I often walk or cycle by the sea, as I'm only 5 minutes away from the beach, but that's close enough on a day like today. Come to think of it, it's exactly 5 years today since we moved to Brighton, or Hove actually. How time has flown and how our lives have changed. And now it's time we were all moving on again. Please..

No comments: