Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Home Front.

Phew, feeling better at last. Positive news on the home front - or Son's home front -
which means that, though we're by no means home and dry, we can be more confident that things are moving forward. A glass, or several, of pink wine was consumed this evening, in mild celebration, and I stopped feeling sick with apprehension. Positive thoughts and vibrations are what we need now, and I have primed all my friends to provide them. Grandson is asleep upstairs, having run around in the park for 6 hours today. I don't know how he keeps it up. Those little legs didn't stop. He went to sleep singing along with me to the Winnie the Pooh wind-up song. Neither of us knows the words, so we sing "doopy doopy doopy doo" to fill the gaps. Lovely.

Anyway, I'm off to bed with my book in case I have to be awake early tomorrow. I'm re-reading "A Year in Provence", which I'm enjoying just as much as the first time around. And since my ex-Arundel Best Friend has just, this week, bought a house in France, it seems very appropriate. I'll write more about this later, when I've seen the pictures and heard more details - though it does sound lovely. Let's hope I'll be doing the same before too long..

No comments: