Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Goodnight, Sweet Dreams.

Time for bed - and I have spent the day in a kind of fever. I just don't know what to do with myself (like Dusty Springfield!). I wanted to celebrate, but Daughter was out for the day with the Boyfriend, Son is in London, and both my Brighton BFs were unavailable. It will have to wait until tomorrow. As displacement activity, I have been putting things on eBay to sell again. I had forgotten how time-consuming this is. Listing an item takes forever, and then you press the wrong key and you have to start all over again. I have managed to list only three things since yesterday evening. Pathetic.

My Swiss/German student is proving just as difficult as I thought - not that he means to be, but he simply doesn't understand a word I say. This means that simple questions like "Did you have a good day?" are met with a totally puzzled expression and complete silence while he works out what I have said. And he calls me Margott - with a heavily pronounced 't'. I have told him, several times and very slowly, that it's pronounced Margo ("the 't' is silent. as in Harlo(w)") - but he doesn't get either the meaning or the joke as yet.
Give him time..

No comments: